* Why do we worship as we do? (Mark 13:30). We seek to worship the Lord with all our heart, mind, soul and strength
* Why do we clap our hands? - (Psalm 47:1) "Clap your hands all ye people; shout to God with the voice of triumph"
* Why do we lift our hands? - (Psalm 134:2) - "Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and praise the Lord"
* Why do we praise God audibly? - (Psalm 34:1,109:30, 47:6, 66:1, Col. 3:16, Isaiah 12:6)
* Why do we praise God with dance? - (Psalm 95:6, 150:4, 149:3, 11 Sam. 6:14)
* Why do we have speaking in tongues and prophesy? (1 Cor. 14:39, 12:7-10)
A word about the Supernatural:
Since God is Spirit, He will connect with us in a spiritual (supernatural) way. Sometimes when we come in contact with God, we are afraid, but God says, “Fear not!” The Bible records various responses to the Lord’s presence. Some couldn’t stand up, others wept, some shook or even appeared drunk, and others spoke in tongues. There is no “right response.” We do not promote or seek after visible response and are not into hype or trying to make something happen – but we do passionately welcome the Holy Spirit to work among and in us. Please walk in grace with others as we all learn how to walk in the Spirit. If you come here hungry and open to receive from the Lord, you are in the right place. The Bible assures you that the Father gives good gifts and that if you ask for the Holy Spirit you will get what you ask for.
If you have any questions regarding this, please see one of the Elders.